Deepa Bhatt-Montoya, DPM, AACFAS
Dr. Deepa Bhatt Montoya has been practicing member of Chicago Podiatric Surgeons since 2013. She specializes in Reconstructive Surgery of the foot and ankle, Sports Medicine, and Pediatrics, but manages all pathology related to the foot or ankle.
Born in London, England and raised in Windsor, Canada, Dr. Bhatt attended Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan where she received her Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences. She moved to Chicago, Illinois for her medical training at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. She spent time in Boston, Massachusetts for elective surgical rotations at Cambridge Health Alliance/Harvard University. Dr. Bhatt completed her Podiatric Surgical Residency at Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, Michigan, where she acted as Chief Resident in her senior year. She also spent some time in Nicaragua on a medical mission during her residency and performed reconstructive foot and ankle surgery on those in need.
Outside of work, Dr Bhatt Montoya enjoys spending time with her family and friends, cooking, and practicing yoga.
Practice Philosophy: "I strive to provide high quality, compassionate care through open communication and respect for my patient’s concerns."
Education & Training
- Undergraduate: Wayne State University, Detroit, MI.
- Graduate: Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science, North Chicago, IL.
- Postgraduate: Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI.
- Attending Physician, Department of Surgery, Presence Saint Joseph Hospital, Chicago, IL.
- Attending Physician, Department of Surgery, Advocate South Suburban Hospital, Hazel Crest, IL.
Professional Society Memberships
- Associate, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons